5 Things You May Not Know About the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce
1. Contrary to the name, the Cape Chamber of Commerce is not located inside a cryptic catacomb.
The Chamber’s headquarters is based at 220 North Fountain Street in Cape and is very much open to the public Monday through Friday. Inside the office, you will be greeted with friendly smiles and local memorabilia like T-shirts and magnets available for purchase. Two meeting rooms are also located inside the building, which are available to rent for members at a discounted rate.
2. The Cape Chamber was established in 1917.
Thanks to over 100 years of serving the region, the chamber has over 800 members! Because of the Chamber’s long-standing commitment, organizations are able to record their history.
3. Don’t fear if you see a member of the chamber is carrying around a giant pair of scissors.
The Chamber membership comes with ribbon cutting opportunities. When an organization celebrates a milestone, the chamber provides the giant ribbon, scissors, and a photo opportunity. Whether the milestone is an expansion or anniversary, the chamber will help publicize the organization’s special occasion.
4. The Chamber is not in the business to make money, as the organization is not-for-profit.
The Chamber dedicates its time on the issues of economic development and community betterment. The Chamber is also committed to providing professional development opportunities by providing programs, such as Leadership Cape and Women’s Network.
5. Staying connected with the Cape Chamber is easy.
You can follow the Chamber on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linked In. Members can also utilize the Chamber’s website for additional features such as a blog, calendar, membership directory, and job postings.