Strategic Planning Request for Proposal
The Cape Girardeu Chamber of Commerce will be accepting proposals from organizations and individuals that are interested in guiding our Board of Directors through a comprehensive three year strategic planning process.
Cape Chamber - RFP
The Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce is the leading business and community development organization in the area. We are incorporated as a not-for-profit membership organization and help facilitate the regional strategy on issues of economic development and community success and growth.
The Cape Chamber is seeking assistance in conducting research and facilitating the organization’s strategic plan process for 2023-2025.
The Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce was formally established in 1917. The Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to be the lead advocate for business, serve as the primary catalyst for a vibrant economy that stimulates and retains jobs, and be the champion to create strong communities for the Cape Girardeau region, resulting in an enhanced quality of life.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
The Cape Chamber seeks to conduct a comprehensive strategic plan for our organization. The project should include at least the following components:
- Market Research with information on both Cape Girardeau region as well as peer communities within the Midwest with Chambers of Commerce of comparable size and service.
- Focus Group Discussions including Chamber Board, Chamber Staff, Chamber Volunteers and Key Employers and Businesses.
- Member Survey – A Comprehensive survey of the Cape Chamber membership to help guide our strategic Planning Process
- Board Retreat Facilitation – Utilize information and data previously gathered to facilitate a Board Retreat for the development of the Strategic Planning Document.
- Final Outputs and Next Steps guidance for Chamber Staff
Consultants should feel comfortable proposing an appropriate schedule or alternate plan that could accomplish our desired outcomes by the date timeline indicated.
Anticipated Selection Schedule
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
- Request for Proposal Approved: June 7, 2022
- Submissions due: Friday July 1, 2022
- Selection of Top Bidders / Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders and Start of Negotiation: July 5, 2022
- Contract Award / Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: by July 12, 2022
Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
The RFP will be posted to the Cape Chamber’s website, www.CapeChamber.com, and can be downloaded from there directly as of 10:00 a.m. June 7, 2022.
Respondents to this RFP should submit their proposal to email@example.com by Friday July 1, 2022, at 3:00 PM CST. Proposers may request further information or clarifications from firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposal submission should include:
- Proposed approach to the process, general proposed steps and timeline, deliverables, and a detailed budget
- Relevant work samples and references
Findings and prioritized list of suggested goals and strategies presented by October 28, 2022
President & CEO, Cape Chamber