2022 BBB TORCH Awards
What are the TORCH Awards?
BBB TORCH Awards recognize companies and charities that are committed to exceptional standards for ethical business practices and service to their customers, employees, suppliers, and communities.
We look for businesses and nonprofits that others will want to emulate.
TORCH Award winners must show creativity in their ability to manage customer expectations, provide excellent customer service and resolve disputes. They must demonstrate the ways they inspire their workforce to adopt and communicate their ethics and further their mission. They must embody truth in advertising and help foster ethics within their industry and community. Special consideration also will be given to businesses and charities that have gone above and beyond in fostering trust and supporting the community during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
How are winners selected? What happens if you win?
Winners are chosen by a panel comprising past TORCH Award winners.
Benefits for winners include:
- Winners will receive a personalized crystal trophy that can be displayed in their offices.
- BBB will promote winners in the news media and on social media.
- After receiving their trophy, recipients of the TORCH Award may advertise that they have won the TORCH Award. This advertising must be within the service area of this BBB, and it must indicate the year that the company won the TORCH Award.
- Being named a BBB TORCH Award winner may add to an organization’s reputation and prestige, confirming the confidence placed in it by its stakeholders.
- Potential for promotion on BBB home page with paid placement of photo representing the winner's company.
Organizations that have won TORCH Awards previously will be eligible to apply again five years after their previous win.